- Simulation and Training
Submarine Tactical Simulator
Nowadays, submarines have sophisticated and complex weapons systems that require a complex and effective, safe, and low cost training, in order to allow the operators’ practice in the management of systems as well as tactical training of crews, eliminating the risk of a real operation and minimizing the cost that exercises at sea entail.
SAES has developed two submarine tactical simulators for the Spanish Navy: the SATS, for S-70 submarines, and the SIMTAC for the new S-80 submarines. SIMTAC S-80 has been developed in collaboration with Navantia and Indra.
The wide and contrasted experience of SAES in acoustics and underwater technologies and simulation, allows us to offer our customers solutions faithfully adapted to their needs and requirements. We know that under water there are no second chances and that training in simulated conditions should not seem so.
Based on the premises of the highest quality at the lowest cost, the result is a simulator that realistically reproduces the scenarios, teams, aspects and sensations that a submarine crew would have in a real situation.
SATS is a tactical simulator that includes all equipment and systems of the Command and Control room of the S-70 Submarines allowing the training of the crew under supervision of instructors.
The Command and Control Room includes all simulated equipment in a spatial arrangement similar to the real:
- Pilot: It simulates underwater navigation as well as the assignment desk of torpedoes.
- Reporter console: It allows the operator to record the incidents occurring during exercises or missions.
- Narrow Band Analyzer: It includes an acoustic propagation system and allows the operator to perform a narrow-band signal analysis.
- Tactical and weapon Torpedo Launch console: Target tracks and launch torpedoes.
- Cylindrical Sonar DSUV-22: It Simulates passive sonar at processing and operational level.
- Active Sonar DUUA-2A: It simulates active sonar at processing and operational level.
- Sonar interceptor: Detector of active emissions.
- Graphical recorder bearing/time: Broadband Detection displays.
- Tracer Table: It simulates in form, function and operation, the console used in S60 and S70 submarines to record bearing received from the various sensors and to allow for target tracking.
- Periscope: Simulation of mechanical movement, function and operation.
- ACRUX: PRS. Real equipment, which is integrated with other sensors and simulated scenarios.
The simulator has a station for the duty officer to take the control of the submarine. Two instructors can control and supervise the training from their respective desks. The simulator also features an analysis room, with capacity for 24 people, where the exercise taken can be reproduced.
Elements of Simulator.
- Multifunction Consoles.
- Tactical Displays.
- Combat system. Tactical: Tactical Display, TMA (Target Motion Analysis), Weapon Control and Enlistment, Navigation system, AIS, Integrated periscope.
- Combat System. Sonar: Broadband, DEMON, Narrowband (LOFAR), Transient, Contac Classification, Cylindrical Sonar (CAS), Flank Array Sonar (FAS), Towed Array Sonar (TAS), Acoustic Interceptor (IA), Passive Ranging sonar (PRS), Mine and Obstacle Avoidance Sonar (MODS), Towed Array Handling system (TAHS), Store flares control unit.
- Combat system. Radar and Electronic Warfare (EW).
- Combat System. Weapon Control System (WCS).
- Observation Periscope.
- Attack Periscope.