- Simulation and Training
SEAPROF – Sonar performance and prediction system
Underwater sound propagation is subjected to different phenomena, such as scattering, spreading and absorption. These phenomena takes place sue to the highly variable underwater environment. These events modify the sound propagation paths and the transmitted energy levels.
Realistic sound propagation predictions provide useful tactical and environmental information for a wide range of underwater operational situations, including ASW, mine hunting, sonar training, diver detection, and for research and development (R&D) tasks.
SEAPROF is a complete sonar performance and prediction system that uses internationally validated propagation models and global databases, which allow the evaluation of any sonars in any underwater environment (ray tracing, propagation losses, sonar Figure of Merit -FOM, detection and counter-detection probabilities and ranges).
SEAPROF provide the acoustic operator a friendly and intuitive tool to evaluate accurately every underwater scenario.
- Validated propagation models for low and high frequencies.
- Reverberation calculations for active sonar.
- Global bathymetry database.
- Global Sound Velocity Profile (SVP) database.
- SVP, platforms and sonar manual databases.
- Ambient Noise based on sea state and ship traffic.
- Complete and friendly tools to configure environment and sonar settings.
- Transmission Losses.
- Probability of detection by the sonar through 2D and 3D computations and analysis.
The system can be operated in stand-alone way (laptop) or integrated with a combat system. It can be installed into surface ships, submarines, MPA aircrafts and ASW helicopters. The system can also be used for simulation and training.
SEAPROF has been validated by NURC (NATO Undersea Research Centre) and is installed on board the S-80 Spanish Submarines.