- Simulation and Training
Naval Tactical Simulator
In Naval Operations, maneuvering on real scenarios is limited by economic, security and logistical reasons. Moving troops and equipment can be very expensive. Besides, in real exercises, there are extreme situations that cannot be reproduced without putting at risk people and materials.
For these reasons, SAES has designed a Naval Tactical Simulator oriented to ASW, MW, ASUW and AAW in the military sphere and search and rescues (SAR) and environmental missions in the civil sphere. The simulator allows training at the following levels:
- Operator training for the using and maintenance of equipment such as sensors, sonar, communications radios, radar, weapons, etc…
- Training in procedures orientated to operators and officers.
- Tactical Training at all levels.
Morevoer, strategic training can be performed among different units and forces due to interconnection ability.
Sonar, C4, Communication
The Naval Tactical Simulator enables training in Sonar, C4 (Command, Control, Communication and Computers) and Communications areas individually or through games where all the indicated areas are integrated and the staff involved, the areas and the aim are configurable depending on the needs at every moment. The simulator allow from basic training on communications equipment for small groups, to engage tactical missions where C4, sonar and communications work together:
- Sonar Module, with the benefit of high SAES experience in underwater acoustics: training in active and passive sonar, classification, propagation prediction, sonobuoys, etc.
- C4 Module, incorporating Arms, EW, RADAR, IFF, AIS, Periscope, acoustic and electrical Countermeasures, Chaff, etc
- Communication Module, including ROASW (Remote Operation Antisubmarine Warfare System, message handling and voice communications, Satellite Link, etc…
Modular, Scalable, Customized
The Naval Tactical Simulator provides a variety of underwater, surface and air platforms with a high configuration capability to provide those platforms the systems, weapons and features that are needed in each mission.
The system is equipped with intuitive tools to prepare exercises, track them, operator monitoring, fault simulation, etc. and the subsequent reproduction and simulation analysis to allow to reach to conclusions and students’ learning.
The use of COTS and modern technology allows easy maintenance, high modularity, high scalability and networking with other real systems or simulators.
This simulator can be extended and customized to the specific needs of the customer so to fulfill all operational requirements.