- Maritime Security
SAR – Smart Acoustic Recorder
SAR – Smart Acoustic Recorder is a multi-purpose autonomous Hydrophone to long time recordings that allows two configurations:
- Recording assisted mode. In this mode, the unit is connected via cable to a control unit. It allows monitoring and acoustic recordings in real time.
- Stand-alone recording mode. In this mode, the unit is equipped with batteries and external memories, so once the ships is anchored and SAR is programed, acoustic recordings are made continuously without operator assistance. The recordings are retrieved from unit via cable through a control unit where they are stored, monitored and analyzed.
Features of the Smart Hydrophone:
- Sampling frequencies and bandwidth according to recording requirements for vessels and acoustic noise environment measures.
- It allows recording of descriptor 11 (European Directive 2008/56/EC of 17 June 2008).
- Recording of raw data. Storage of raw and processed data.
- Data processing: SPL (Sound Pressure Level unweight) and SEL (Sound Exposure Level unweight). Additionally: DEMON, transient detection, DEP, dBht and M- weighting.
- Programmable. At the factory as well as by user.
- Reduced dimensions and weight. It can be deployed and collected by a person without the need of external auxiliary means such as as divers, cranes or special vessels.
- External power supply or batteries.
- SAR is designed to operate in deep waters, allowing the noise measurement generated by mammals.
- Minimum maintenance.
- Easy to operate.
- Low Cost.
- SAR device can operate in a standalone configuration or integrated in an underwater monitoring system.
SAR is a low cost dual device, designed and constructed to be used both in the civil industry (oceanographic institutes, universities, business sector R & D, etc.) and in the military sector.
- Monitoring of underwater ambient noise (areas of special biological interest, areas of intense anthropogenic activity, renewable energy facilities and industrial platforms, etc.).
- Noise Monitoring of industrial activities.
- Monitoring of marine mammals.
- Measurement of acoustic influence of military and civilian vessels according to different current measurement standards.
- Defining standards of measurement.