Sonar & Onboard Systems
- SOLARSUB RDTAS & TAHS – Reelable Digital Towed Array Sonar
- DDS-03 – Intruder Detection Sonar
- SOCILSUB – Cylindrical sonar modernization
- ONMS & CRV – Noise and Vibration Monitoring Systems
- SICLA – Acoustic Classification System
- SEAPROF – Undersea Acoustic Performance Prediction System
- SVB – Battery Monitoring System
- Noise Generator
SOLARSUB RDTAS & TAHS – Reelable Digital Towed Array Sonar
RDTAS. Reelable Digital Towed Array Sonar.
SOLARSUB RDTAS is a Digital Towed Array Sonar reelable by winch that allows the deployment and recover of the antenna. SOLARSUB is a high performance sonar which provide a greater detection range and able to, integrate with the rest of the Combat System sonars, being easy to install on board.
SOLARSUB RDTAS provides a wide surveillance area (360º) including surface and submarine stern, long range detection, multiple track capability, and improved classication aids for multiple contacts simultaneously. The system provides high capacity of processing in Broadband and Narrowband (LOFAR, DEMON, Threat Analysis and Multi LOFAR), detection and analysis of transients, Antijamming, interceptions and other capacities as Audio&Recording.
SOLARSUB RDTAS COTS modularity, the small footprint components and the low power consumption allows simple installation onboard the ship or the submarine by using the Clip-on or the Winch possibility (automatically deployment/recovering) according to platform capabilities.
- The effectiveness of the platform detection capability is greatly improved thanks to location of the antenna; towed far behind the submarine, where the own noise of submarine is avoided.
- The submarine is better protected against attack coming from the stern where submarines are more vulnerable.
- Passive target range estimation by triangulation analysis with other sonars of the combat system.
- Increases the performances of the submarine for surveillance, detection, tracking, analysis and classification.
- Low Frequency passive detection and therefore long-range detection of surface contacts and modern and silentt submarines.
- Both Passive detection of low and very low frequency acoustic signals allow to perform acoustic intelligence and to use data in Tracking Motion Analysis (TMA).
- There are no shadow zones.
TAHS. Towed Array Handling System.
Towed Array Handling System (TAHS) can be provided both together with the SOLARSUB RDTAS or independently in order to reel an existing array onto a capstan located on the submarine. Composed by TAHS Winch with Drum, Spoling, Cutters, Flushing and Deployer.
SOLARSUB RDTAS has been successfully tested against shock & vibration, EMI/EMC and environmental qualification tests.
SOLARSUB RDTAS is currently operating onboard submarines.