Sonar & Onboard Systems
- SOLARSUB RDTAS & TAHS – Reelable Digital Towed Array Sonar
- DDS-03 – Intruder Detection Sonar
- SOCILSUB – Cylindrical sonar modernization
- ONMS & CRV – Noise and Vibration Monitoring Systems
- SICLA – Acoustic Classification System
- SEAPROF – Undersea Acoustic Performance Prediction System
- SVB – Battery Monitoring System
- Noise Generator
ONMS & CRV – Noise and Vibration Monitoring Systems
Keeping low the acoustic signature of the ship involved in ASW is a key item to preserve the safety of submarines and surface ships. ONMS and CRV systems allow controlling the signature of submarines and surface vessels respectively by reducing and monitoring the vibration and radiated noise.
ONMS (Own Noise Monitoring System) provides automatic alarms and noise cancellation data for the sonar suite of a ship thanks to the full integration into the Combat System.
ONMS also aids the operator to the ship maintenance by controlling the main source noises of the own ship.
measures vibration and noise of the platform (surface ship or submarines) and , when the levels exceed a threshold (set by operator), sends noise or vibration alarms automatically to the Combat System and provides information to the Sonar Suite in order to the own noise cancellation. Cavitation alarms is also possible in case of a submarine.
ONMS allows analysis on a specific sensor to support the operator to evaluate the noise source and control status.
ONMS can work stand-alone or integrated with the Combat System, either in a dedicated console (locally or remotely operated) or adapted to a multi-function console of the Combat System.
- Continuous and simultaneous monitoring in all the sensors, distributed strategically to measure vibration and noise sources of the ship.
- Broadband, Narrowband and DEMON analysis are provided.
- Adaptable to any type of Submarines or Surface Ships..
- Easy integration with the Combat System.
- Small size, easily integrated into the platform
- Expandable system.
- High processing capacity and intuitive user interface.
- Successfully tested against shock and vibrations, EMI/EMC and environmental standard test.
The ONMS system configuration is built up with outboard hydrophones, inboard distributed accelerometers, and acquisition and distribution units.
ONMS has been installed onboard the Spanish submarines and can be installed into a specific console, or integrated in the combat system.
The Vibration and Noise Monitoring System (CRV) is a measurement equipment of hull vibrations and own radiated noise designed to be used in surface ships.
CRV consists of groups (arrays) of sensors (accelerometers), arranged conveniently along the ship’s structure, which send their output signals to a central unit for real time processing.
CRV is designed to observe, in real time, the acoustic behavior of the ship sound sources (machinery, thrusters, etc..), as well as their vibrations transmitted along the structure.
It is also able to check the mechanical condition of machinery, predict possible faults and test the effectiveness of their isolation. It is therefore a powerful tool not only in the estimation of changes in own ship noise and cavitation of the propellers, but also on the changes related to the radiated noise to the outside and therefore its acoustic signature.
- It alerts when the measured vibrations exceeds a certain threshold.
- It increases sonar detection capabilities with greater ease and reliability, reducing the noise caused by the ship itself.
- It reduces the chances of being detected, reducing the ship acoustic signature.
- It increases the serving life of the machine and the time between failures by preventive / predictive maintenance, reducing maintenance costs.
CRV meets the requirements of MIL Standards and it is installed in the Spanish Navy minehunters.