Underwater Signatures Measurement
- MIRS – Multi-influence Range System for surface ships and submarines
- DEWARS – Deep Water Acoustic Range System
- SIMOAC – Acoustic Monitoring System
- SET-200/P – Underwater Electric Potential Sensor
- SWAMEG – Sea Water Magneto-Electric Generator
- Multi-influence Signature Measurement, Modelling and Prediction
- Acoustic Intelligence and Signature Intelligence
SIMOAC – Acoustic Monitoring System
Environmental protection is configured nowadays as one of the areas of highest interest worldwide.
Until recently, this interest has been centered very predominantly on the environment on the surface and above the surface. During the last years, this interest has been extended to the underwater environment, as ( the promulgation in 2008 of the Marine Strategy Framework Directive (MSFD) by the European Union demonstrates, which provides for specific actions to preserve the good environmental status of the marine environment based on a set of qualitative descriptors, which includes one specific for the acoustic energy radiated to the marine environment.
The acoustic monitoring system SIMOAC has been designed on the basis of providing a reliable measurement system based on calibrated acoustic sensors, which permit to measure and analyze the underwater acoustic environment and to detect the presence of marine mammals in a specific area, besides their localization.
SIMOAC is configured as a versatile system, completely respectful with the environment and powered by renewable energy, based on marine nodes with capability of including additional sensors, unwired communication with a base center on shore, automatic processing of the signals captured by the sensors and sending of selected data via internet to specific surveillance centers.