Underwater Signatures Measurement
- MIRS – Multi-influence Range System for surface ships and submarines
- DEWARS – Deep Water Acoustic Range System
- SIMOAC – Acoustic Monitoring System
- SET-200/P – Underwater Electric Potential Sensor
- SWAMEG – Sea Water Magneto-Electric Generator
- Multi-influence Signature Measurement, Modelling and Prediction
- Acoustic Intelligence and Signature Intelligence
MIRS – Multi-influence Range System for surface ships and submarines
When operating in the modern naval environment surface ships and submarines are subjected to numerous detection threats due to their various influence signatures (acoustic, electro-magnetic, pressure and seismic signatures). Naval mines are more sophisticated including new sensors for activation (UEP – Underwater Electric Potential, ELFE- Extra Low Frequency Electric Field, seismic influence, etc) and advanced digital signal processing techniques enabling the maximum exploitation of those mentioned signatures.
The SAES Multi Influence Range System (MIRS) for surface vessels and submarines provides real influence measures (magnetic, electric, pressure, acoustic, and seismic) in a real and controlled scenario, to successfully counteract threats.
Being MIRS among the most advanced systems in the world, compared to fixed stations, it provides a decisive advantage, due to its portability, low weight, power consumption and high performance which lets to obtain all signatures of the ship in different geographical locations.
MIRS is also a tool for testing and calibration of:
- Systems developed to reduce those influences as degaussing systems, ASG (Active Shaft Grounding), etc.
- MCM (Mine Countermeasures) Systems as mine sweeping gear systems.
MIRS has been primarily designed using Commercial Off The Self (COTS) equipment to guarantee maximum reliability at minimum cost.
MIRS has two installations modes: it may be located at a fixed station or, using the portable capability, it may be located in the desired location, since it is easily deployable by two people from a rigid-hulled inflatable boat (RHIB).