Underwater Signatures Measurement
- MIRS – Multi-influence Range System for surface ships and submarines
- DEWARS – Deep Water Acoustic Range System
- SIMOAC – Acoustic Monitoring System
- SET-200/P – Underwater Electric Potential Sensor
- SWAMEG – Sea Water Magneto-Electric Generator
- Multi-influence Signature Measurement, Modelling and Prediction
- Acoustic Intelligence and Signature Intelligence
Acoustic Intelligence and Signature Intelligence
Acoustic Intelligence (ACINT)
ACINT is the discipline that uses broadband and narrowband analysis of acquired acoustic signal to classify and identify a contact (underwater or surface) at sea. It is essential as part of Naval Warfare knowledge and can be applied for civil and environmental purposes.
ACINT allows classifying vessels at a long range: category, type and finally the specific ship or submarine. Identifying a platform requires at least four factors:
- Advanced technology to acquire and conditioning the signal.
- Sophisticated algorithms to process and analysis the signal.
- Acoustic Intelligence Database.
- Acoustic operators highly trained.
SAES specializes in obtaining, processing and analysis of acoustic signals. Our activity involves since the design and manufacture of sonars up systems and equipment to Navy around the world for Mine warfare, Submarine and Antisubmarine Warfare.
Our developments includes the most advanced techniques in Broadband, Narrowband, DEMON, LOFAR and Transient analysis, maximizing the information obtained from raw data.
Working together the Navy since 25 years ago has bringing a high knowledge of needs and the convincement the collaboration is essential to excel. Our solutions are impregnate of this interchange:
- SICLA – Acoustic Classification system, is a powerful and accurate tool that provides the operator a high classification level based on multiple and simultaneous analysis of targets, intuitive graphic tools and an intelligence database.
- SICLA-ASW – Anti-Submarine Warfare Acoustic Classification System, reproduces (according with the STANAG 4283) and processes at real, fast and slow time all-acoustic signals from the sonobuoys launched during the ASW mission, providing the operator an high and precise classification level thanks to multiple and simultaneous analysis of targets, intuitive graphic tools and an intelligence database.
- DEWARS – Deep Water Acoustic Range System, provides Noise levels and Spectrum levels measures in a real and controlled scenario of Surface Vessels and Submarines. A Signature Database to record and retrieve recorded information of a ship is also included.
- MIRS – Multi-Influence Range System, for surface vessels and submarines not only provides acoustic measures but also allow the measures of magnetic, electric, pressure and seismic influence in a real and controlled scenario.
Signature Intelligence allows characterize and classify a contact (surface or underwater) not only from the analysis of radiated acoustic noise, which configures its acoustic signature, but also from the analysis of their electric, magnetic, seismic and pressure influences.
At present, this technique is used in an integrated manner in multi – influence systems, as SAES developments, providing measures of the acoustic signature, electric, magnetic, seismic and pressure simultaneously of any contact or threat.
The great advantage of managing the multi-influence signature instead of only the acoustic is that the classification of a contact can be made more accurate and in any situation or operating environment, due to the greater amount of information taking into account.
Furthermore, signature reduction techniques usually reduce all the signatures simultaneously. For this reason, reducing all the signatures is very difficult or almost impossible. The signature intelligence is the future of the classification of contacts since provides complete and accurate intelligence information for any type of operation conducted by the Navies.
SAES systems allow:
- Measure the multi-influence signature of any contact (surface or underwater) by the measurement station MIRS (Multi-influence ranging multi-system).
- Classification of contact by analysis and comparison with a database, all integrated into SICLA (Acoustic Classification System).
- SAES has developed a complete set of Exercise Naval Mines for training. Also can be used for multi-influence signature measurement due to its capability of acquiring and recording.