- Anti Submarine Warfare – ASW
SICLA-ASW – Classification System
The SICLA-ASW system is a Fast Time Analyzer system that improves the classification functionality thanks to the incorporation of new tools: multiple and simultaneous analysis of targets, intuitive graphic tools and an intelligence database, providing to the operator an high and precise classification level.
For post-mission and Intelligence purposes, the SICLA-ASW system reproduces and processes (according with the STANAG 4283) at diferent time velocities all acoustic signals from the sonobuoys launched during the ASW mission.
The SICLA-ASW system provides processing, post-processing, help tools and graphic presentation allowing:
- Confirmation of those detections obtained by the Sonobuoy Processing Acoustic System (SPAS) during the ASW mission.
- Detection of possible contacts which might have gone unnoticed to the operator during the ASW mission.
- Save such acoustic contacts on digital format so that an Acoustic Intelligence Database (ACINT) can be created to be used on future ASW missions.
- LOFAR, ZOOM, DEMON, SPECTRO and AUDIO analysis are provided, with high frequency resolutions and various playbacks speeds.
- Contact Hypothesis Generation to create an hypothetical contact using the multiples noise sources parameters of the: Propeller, Diesel Motor, AC, Auxiliaries, Turbines, Gear Box and Electric Motor.
- ACINT & Operator Data Base to make queries and compare and match the analyzed contact.
The SICLA-ASW system has been designed as scalable system allowing the inclusion of future processing of new sonobuoys and reducing the need to modify hardware in the system if additional capabilities are considered in the system. Also its modular design allows it being transportable and deployable when supporting ASW operations which require the system to be moved from the operations base.