- Anti Submarine Warfare – ASW
TAT – Tactical Acoustic Trainer for the ASW missions
The Tactical Acoustic Trainer (TAT) is a real-time Training System in order to train to the acoustic operators in the ASW missions.
- Creates completes acoustic scenary (environment + contacts).
- Allows changing the speed and course of contacts during the exercise.
- For each sonobuoy launched in the simulated mission, generates the acoustic signals corresponding to the generated scenario.
- Can be integrated with others training systems.
TAT system is the perfect tool that provides to the operator a complete training improving their operational skills for the ASW missions. In addition, the TAT system allows the operator become familiar with the operation of Sonobuoy Acoustic Processor System (SPAS) system installed on ASW platforms (Aircraft and HELO).
The TAT system is a complete and cost-effective new concept to offer comprehensive training to the operator without the need to make use of maritime patrol aircraft and launch real sonobuoys.
TAT system includes two types of operators:
- Instructor: responsible of modifying the environment (ambient noise, temperature, depth and bottom type), definition of the simulated acoustic contacts (acoustic signature, speed, heading, depth) and managing the training session.
- Acoustic Operator: responsible of locating and tracking the simulated threat. The Acoustic operator is able to launch all kind of sonobuoys (passive and active both analog as digital) at any moment.
The TAT system is fully integrated with the Sonobuoy Acoustic Processing System (SPAS) and can be also installed on Maritime Patrol Aircrafts (MPA).